HAZARD AND RISK ASSESSMENT
SYSTEMATICALLY IDENTIFYING AND DOCUMENTING HAZARD AND OPERABILITY ISSUES
A HAZOP study is used to verify the integrity of design or procedures with respect to safety and operability. We have extensive experience and provide highly skilled multi-disciplined teams.
HAZard and OPerability (HAZOP) is a well known and well documented study. HAZOP is used as part of a Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) or as a standalone analysis. The purpose of the HAZOP is to investigate how the system or plant deviates from the design intent and create risk for personnel and equipment and operability problems. HAZOP studies have been used with great success within chemical and the petroleum industry to obtain safer, more efficient and more reliable plants.
WHAT WE DO
Fulcran has a strong and experienced pool of HAZOP facilitators and scribes who have extensive experience with HAZOP as part of the design of process plant either as an independent risk analysis or a preliminary study for modification, this also includes providing services for procedural HAZOPs.
A TYPICAL HAZOP STUDY WILL BE CONDUCTED BY:
- Familiarisation with background documentation
- Planning of the workshop meeting in a pre-meeting with the customer in order to identify HAZOP strategy, HAZOP multi discipled team, division of the subsystems/nodes (e.g. line, pump, vessel, compressor), choose relevant Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID), and identifying guide words
- Accomplishment of the HAZOP review
- Documentation of observations into information and actions point, document findings on the P&IDs
- Draft report for client review
- Final HAZOP report
For more information on Functional Safety Services please use the “Contact Us” page or give us a call.